Sunday, February 26, 2012

Women of NCDD: Leigh Ann Bauer (Alaska)

One of the top breath testing experts in North America sent me an email and told me I needed to profile Leigh Ann Bauer of Alaska.  They worked together on a DUI case and he was highly impressed with her.  Her practice is in Anchorage, Alaska.  


In her own words:


I decided to become a lawyer while working for my father's law firm when I was in high school. I watched my father try cases, and decided that I wanted to become a trial attorney. In 1984 I spent a year abroad, studying at the Gymnasium Mussenredder in Hamburg, Germany.

I graduated from the University at Santa Barbara in 1985 with Honors in History and German Literature. I obtained my law degree in 1991 from McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California. In 1992, I left California, and moved to Alaska. When I arrived in Alaska, I clerked for a Superior Court Judge and then worked as a public defender for approximately 5 years. I opened my own law firm and limited my practice to the areas of criminal defense, family law, and personal injury.
 

Member:

Alaska Criminal Defense Lawyers
Alaska Academy of Trial Lawyers
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
National College of DUI Defense

No comments:

Post a Comment