Saturday, February 4, 2012

NCDD - A Note Before I Begin

I am a member of the National College for DUI Defense and have been for over 8 years. Some of my greatest friends and the best lawyers I know are also members.

The blog series that follows is not intended as a slight towards them. The leadership, or “Male Monarchy” as I like to call it, needs to change. I believe there are some men currently serving on the NCDD Board of Regents who know that change is needed and hope to make that happen at some point. Unfortunately, those persons appear to be in the minority.

Remember that the first rule of fight club was don’t talk about fight club? That’s pretty much the culture of NCDD. Members have no voice. Our job is to pay dues, pay for seminars and otherwise shut the hell up.

I would have made a bad peasant. The “submit and obey” world of NCDD just doesn’t work for me. They may try to throw me out for speaking up. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment