Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Women of AACDL

One of the great things about traveling around the country teaching at seminars is the opportunity to meet wonderful new people.  


As readers of this blog know, I am constantly seeking out talented women lawyers to spotlight.  Having spent so many years as an observer and a victim of the outrageous sex discrimination that is a part of the culture of the National College for DUI Defense, it is particularly rewarding to discover new female trial warriors in every city that I visit.  


This weekend I had the honor to present at the Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer's Betting on Justice Seminar.  There were over 100 attorneys in attendance and the speaker lineup was outstanding.  Attorneys had flown in from as far away as San Francisco and Miami.  I learned quite a bit about police interrogation tactics and DNA.


I was particularly pleased to see three female lawyers on the faculty for this seminar, as well as the largest female audience I've ever encountered.  I've often asked the question, "Where are the women?".  Well, apparently, a great many of them are practicing criminal defense in Arkansas!


Kudos to AACDL for an outstanding learning experience!  Y'all did a great job. 


I want to give a special shout out to attorneys Shannon Blatt (Arkansas), Brandi Collins (Arkansas) and Lisa Kirsch Satawa (Michigan).  You are a credit to our profession and it was wonderful to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment